Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can you buy widescreen lenses for super 8 cameras?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Vespasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I was wondering if you can buy 16:9 lenses for cameras like the Beaulieu 6008, or the Nizo 6080? I am going to buy one of these cameras I just don't know which one yet. I am doing research on both of them. I would like to shoot in widescreen, I am pretty sure you can put widescreen lenses on these cameras but I wanted to make sure, and see where I could purchase a widescreen lense.

    I would also like to know about modifications that might have to be done to the camera to put a widescreen lense on the camera.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Corey D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know about Beaulieu, but I have a Nizo 6080 and I've been looking for an anamorphic lens for it for a very long time. The lens is 62mm and there aren't many anamorphic lenses that are that big. Actually there is, It's for the Canon Xl1s, which has a lens diameter of 72mm so I know it'd work on the Nizo, but the price is insane, I believe it's around 2 grand.

    You could widen the gate.

    Good Luck,
    Corey

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've seen a few anamorphic lenses on ebay that would cover the Nizo's 62mm lens BUT they are so huge I can't even imagine how insanely bulky the setup would be. Plus they are always 2x anamorphics meaing your final image would be 2.66 to 1.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Vespasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What about the one The Widescreen Centre sells for about $500usd, would that work?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Vespasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So I was looking in the manual for the Beaulieu 6008s and I found that Beaulieu used to make a lense for the 6008 and probably the 7008 as well to shoot ultrawide cinemascope with a ratio of 1.5:1 the lense is called the Iscorama in the manual. These lenses will probably be really hard to find though.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Frank Houiellebecq's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2001
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    beaulieu

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2003 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Frank Houiellebecq ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •